ETRC Student Organization Preservation Prize
First Prize: $250 award
- Deadline: April 1, 2020
- Winners Announced: April 15, 2020
What the contest is: The mission of the University Archives at the East Texas Research Center is to preserve materials that capture the history of SFA. In 2023, our university will turn 100 years old, and we want to be proud exhibitors of our campus history. We need student organizations to donate their materials to us so that we can preserve that history.
How to enter the contest:
- Fill out the SOPP entry form (see below)
- Fill out the Deed of Gift form
- Prepare your donation
- Turn your donation into the East Texas Research Center
- Have everything in by April 1, 2020
Want to learn more?
- Attend a SOPP workshop (see dates below)
- Talk to Student Engagement or the East Texas Research Center
What exactly should you donate?
Scrapbooks, photographs, constitutions, by-laws, meeting minutes, programs, advertisements, member rosters, swag, social media posts, etc. (If in doubt, ask! Don’t throw it away!)
SOPP Workshop Dates: (All workshops will be held at the East Texas Research Center, 2nd floor of the Steen Library.)
- November 20th at 4:00 p.m.
- December 10th at 1:00 p.m.
- January 23rd at 10:00 a.m.
- February 24th at 2:00 p.m.
- March 26th at 4:00 p.m.
For More Information:
Student organizations must be registered with Student Engagement to be eligible for the prize, but any group can donate materials regardless of registration status